From:
Jacob Mather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:17:03 -0400
Paul Jamison said:
>Do you realize what you're *saying*?!  This implies that ferrets
>have learned how to *read*!  If they figure out a way around the
>opposable-thumbs handicap, we're doomed.

Ahhh, but you see, we have already sealed our fate.  What ferrets want,
we all know, ferrets get.  One way or another!  Let me describe.

Chance and Stinky have been up to noooo good this morning.  They held a
meeting, and decided that what they *really* wanted tonight, was some
good ol' Coca-Cola.  Unable to convince their humans of the benefits
they (the ferrets) would recieve from the drinking of said liquid... it
was down to them to mandate provisions.

The roommates had left an UnCapped 2liter of Coca-Cola on the coffee
table.  We (the humans) know that *they* like to get to anything on the
coffee table, so the table is 5 feet from the couch.  Or should I say,
was.

When I heard the thump, I of course, immediatly ran out to see what they
had done.  The coffee table was now maybe 2 feet from the futon.  Yes,
Stinky showed us the problems with our couch, so we replaced.  There's a
good story in that too, I'll share if you want.  Anyway, as I was saying,
the table had been moved.  How?  I have no clue.  But more importantly,
there was a coke bottle on the floor, and no ferrets in site.

Further investigation revieled the coke bottle to now be half empty (well
actually a little more, giving physics and all that), and the ferrets on
the floor, lapping away at the puddles.  God save us all from the
happydance of a *HYPER* ferret.  They were *ALL* over.  Completely nuts.
Crazier than after a bath!  So pourd of themselves, they were!

Wow, this took so long, I don't want to attempt to start on the
metasticizing ferret playland... so I will save that for tomarrow!

Dooks to all!

Jacob, Chance, Stinky, and Shadow (Meow!)