From:
Charlene Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 10:59:10 -0500
>Our little buddy Jasper loves to crawl inside of our recliner couch...
>Anyone have any other suggestions??

Something that might work to block all entrances is to slipcover the couch.
You can buy one piece slipcovers at home stores or Sears, JC Penney,
Spiegel, etc (for a couch probably $75-$200).  Then attach it with
upholstery tacks under the bottom into the frame and then also cover the
bottom of the couch with vinyl or linoleum or something like that also
attached with tacks.  This will totally enclose the couch.  Custom made
slipcovers of course will look much much better but are more expensive.  I
had custom slipcovers made for my couch out of a chocolate colored denim
which I bought at a fabric mill at a big discount (40 yards - $1/yard).
They are washable and indestructable and the couch looks really really
great.  But - the total cost for having the slipcovers made for the couch
was about $800.  If you are a sew-er - go for it.  Buy a roll of paper, make
a pattern, and get going!  Sometimes you can find denim for .50 cents a yard
at mills, heavy muslin would work too I imagine & I have seen that for .25
cents/yard.

Also, I remember somebody saying that they made their couch totally
accessible with a night light and all so that it was no fun anymore to get
in.  Can't remember all of the details on that method though.  Good luck...