From:
Inez Gowsell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1993 12:30:08 -0400
Hi all!

Gila's owner stopped by yesterday and took her home.  sniff, sniff.  It was
strange to get up this morning and not hear the cage rattling.  Oh well.

It is too bad that I am so far away from Chicago, Roger.  i would come and
adopt a couple of sharks - what the heck, i will take a half-dozen!  My
life is too boring right now and I need to liven things up a "bit"  :-)
Okay, I know, even with one weasel, things are lively enough - I can't
imagine six!  :-o

Time to start thinking about getting another one for myself.  I was very
fortunate with my first one; she had complete run of any  place I lived
in - once it was ferret-proofed - and she never ingested foam or anything
that made her sick, and it certainly wasn't because she couldn't *find*
stuff.  I guess she developed a restricted diet young enough and didn't
consider such things appetizing enough.  :)  She liked sleeping in plastic
bags (I have a bag full of plastic grocery bags), but as far as I know,
never tried eating them.

When Gila was here, she was restricted to my room because I didn't think
she would react too favorably to my landlady's dogs or vice versa.  However,
every time I opened the door to go out, she made a mad dash for freedom,
but never quite made it, although a couple of times I had to be careful
closing the door because her head was in the way.  :-)  The joys of
*children*  :)

Inez

--
"I am likely to be a little bit wiser than he in this very thing:  that
whatever I do not know, I do not even suppose I know."   Socrates

Inez Gowsell    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada