From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 25 May 1994 12:48:49 -0400
Hi everyone--Mom took me to a ferret festival in Hartford, Connecticut
(wherever that is) this weekend. I really liked meeting the other ferrets,
especially some of those good looking boys! Lots of people told me how
beautiful I am, but I already know that.

Mom wanted to enter me in the 'twins' event but of course she couldn't find
anyone who looked just like me. (Doesn't she know that princesses don't grow on
trees?) After a couple of hours of excitement, I fell asleep. The last thing I
remember was a 'judge' picking me up and saying what a nice disposition I have
(that's only because I couldn't get near her ankles). How a human could judge a
ferret is beyond me anyway.

Well, glad to be home. So much to do here--all those socks to put away!

-- Cinderella, aka Princess Sock-Finder, aka Princess Ankle-Biter

Hello everyone--I remember meeting Stimpy in Hartford; wish I knew you were on
the FML! Oh, well, next time.

Re: cats and ferrets. I think when introducing any new animals, it's a good
idea to tell each of them ahead of time. I have several cats. I brought my
ferrets home as adults, and I don't have any kittens in the house, so I felt
pretty safe with introductions. Most of my cats don't want to have too much to
do with ferrets. A couple of the cats find ferrets interesting and will
occasionally fololw them around or swat at them.

A lot depends on the personality of both the cat and the ferret. I do have one
young cat who really likes to play with Cinderella. Although Cinderella is
often the instigator, I occasionally will separate them as I think the cat gets
a little too rough. Then I either let the cat out or put Cinderella in her
room. But I've had ferrets and cats together for 6 years and they are fine.

** I WOULD LIKE TO ADOPT A FERRET. ** My little Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy died in April
after 6 years of bringing immense joy to my life. I would like to adopt a
ferret born after April 9, and will be looking for a special little guy who I
feel is just right for me, possibly sable male but not necessarily. I will look
anywhere in New England or on Long Island. Any suggestions (people who will
adopt out to Mass. residents) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--CInderella's Mom (in Massachusetts)