From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 11:14:20 -0500
While fliiping through the channels last night my wife noticed a flea/pest
repellant product using some sort of high pitch tone to repel unwanted
visitors.  The interesting part was that they very specifically said that it
was safe for pet ferrets.  I guess this is a step tpward the big time.  I
have no idea if the product works or if it is truly safe for ferrets; I just
wanted to point out ferrets mentioned on QVC.  (From what I've read from
FURO the ferrets hearing range is similar to humans so ultrasonic pitched
noises would probably be as safe for ferrets as humans.)

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets