From:
Daniel Poryanda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:12:17 EST
Hi all,
Thanks to all who have taken the time to write and to all who have kept
Jinx in your thoughts these last few days.

Seems that I have made a serious misdiagnosis on this one, for which I'm
SOOO thankful.  I suspected Lymphoma because Jinx has a *slightly* bulging
eye that seemed, to me, to resemble the picture of the ferret with ocular
lymphoma in the Fox book (paranoid dad that I am).  His vet said that
without other symptoms such as swollen lymph nodes, that the diagnosis is
most likely NOT lymphoma, WHOOOPEEEEE!!!!!!!  He did say that he highly
suspected adrenal disease and he palpated a small mass in his abdomen.  The
vet put Jinx on Chloramphenicol in case of infection and said that we will
discuss surgery at the end of the week for adrenal.

I know that with all of Bob C's research, surgery will not increase Jinx's
lifespan, I just want the QUALITY of the rest of his life to be the best
that it can be.  He's such a good boy and he deserves his beautiful fur
back.

Hugsandkissestothefuzzies
Daniel Poryanda