From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 11:25:35 -0500
I just wanted to clarify the Hagen tattoos-- the Hagen ferrets available in
Montreal have tattoos in both ears.  One ear is the H, the other ear is an X
for a girl or a Y for a boy.  The X and Y fade faster, since they're just
there for Hagen's vets to be able to quickly tell them apart at operating
time.  Amelia is a Hagen ferret and I'd like to see anybody try to tell her
she's sappy-- she's my fierce little thing, though she is also a cuddlebug
when she's tired out.  A perfect ferret, in other words-- but then, aren't
they all?  Amelia ran me $180Cndn spayed and descented (I don't condone
descenting-- she came that way), which these days is about fifty cents US.
The other ferrets widely available in Montreal have no tattoos, and usually
are not neutered before purchase.  They come in a variety of fancier colors,
which makes me wonder if perhaps they come from a smaller breeder here or in
upstate NY-- any ideas?  I've seen several champagne Siamese, including my
own Cully.

Welcome back, Mo'Bob!  A nice post on Tuesday, too.

Dooks (or as I think they say, Brks) to all--
Regina

Regina Harrison
PhD Student, Anthropology
Joint Co-ordinator, AGSEM-- McGill's TA union
McGill University
Montreal, Quebec