From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 04:37:27 -0800
Hi Guys,

Well I had soooooo many great things happen in the last few days I am
totally freaked out by it now.  First we were able to rescue the two
unspayed females at a cost of $50 (THANKS to David for paying the initial
cost).  Then just last nite I called one of my club members looking to adopt
another ferret and when I told her everything she said "Well we do have $50
put away for gas money,,,,,,, OK we'll take them both!".  I was absolutely
thrilled that I was able to place them so quickly and with great people who
have another little fuzzit already.  I told her I would deliver them
personally to save her some gas, LOL!  Tho they won't get their new home
till Thursady since they all have the flu.  They are wonderful little girls
that just need a lot of handling and some NO-bite training.  No signs of
them being in heat as of now.  The creeps we got them from were really weird
and we feel thrilled to have been a part of this.  This is F.A.N.G.'s first
ferrets that have come in as strictly rescues for later adoption so it makes
it all the more special.  We hope to help many, many, many more ferrets in
our lifetime.

Second how about a good pet store story?  Ya up for this?  I still can't
believe it but ,,,,, Several weeks ago I went into one of the stores of a
local chain I had not been in before (the particular store not the chain).
I found the living conditions of their ferrets absolutely unacceptable.
Pine shavings, poop all over, 14 per cage etc.....  I was really upset
because none of the other stores are like this.  I spoke to management of
the store I usually frequent which is the main store and they promised it
would be taken care of.  1 week later still no change just more ferrets.
Spoke to them once again and I think they realized I would probably call the
owner next.  I do have his home # too, hehehehe (evil chuckle!).  Well I am
so excited to report that we went in two days ago to check up and all has
been changed!  No pine shavings, only 6 ferrets or so per cage, no poopy all
over, and even tubes and such for play in there and hammocks in some!  I
feel so proud to have made an actual difference so to those of you out there
with similar situations "DON'T GIVE UP!" with enough persistence you can
make a change for the better.  If need be contact the owners of the shops
and state your case rationally but with emotion, they need to know just how
much these little creatures are loved by all.

My last great thing happened when I went to check on those ferrets.  I had
forgotten this chain just opened their newest store and was having a
humongous blowout to celebrate.  Well David said something to one of the
lady's about the ferret trails still not being in and she said "oh yes they
are" and took him to them.  I suddenly hear this yell/scream/???  version of
my name from clear in back with the ferrets.  I run to see what in the he--
is up and find him in front of a whole display of ferret trail tubes and
balls.  Now the great part, they were on sale for $11.99 and $13.99 a
box!!!!!  Sorry bout the exclamations but I was and still am freaked.  But a
small problem, I have NO money, checks or credit cards being as how I turned
them over to Mother Warden to keep from getting more in debt.  Now I have to
call and convince her the ferrets desperately NEED these things for X-mas or
they will suddenly develope severe depression and die, not to mention the
same would happen to me too of course!  I had 7 boxes put aside and she
threw a fit.  I finally convinced her 6 boxes would do and she said OK and
gave me the credit card #.  Of course when she saw them and the ferrets
going nuts she fell in love with them too.  Should I mention I got another
box the next day?  OK I did.  I decided I hated the balls because I or David
couldn't get them to snap closed and when I did get one side to close flush
then the tube wouldn't fit in so I took back the balls and now have all
tubes.  A whole 15 of them!  (they come 2 tubes per box but D and I split
one) YAY!  My fuzzboobies absolutely love them so far and it is really great
to be able to see them thru them and watch the fun.  Was great when 3 were
sandwiched in and one had to back her way out!  Too fun for words.  What
really shocked me was that they just barely got these in and then put them
at nearly half off, I think it was because they have ferrets on sale for $99
also.  If any of you out there want them (the ferretrails not the ferrets!)
bad enough then we could arrange for you to send me some money or call the
store and see if they will accept a credit card # from you and I will then
pick them up and ship them to you (if the store won't) as long as you
provide the s/h money or will send C.O.D.!  The sale ends the 11th!  I'm not
trying to scam anyone here and just thought I'd offer in case you're like me
and couldn't possibly afford them at full cost.  Just a thought.  As new as
this product is I doubt they will be on sale like this anywhere else for
what will seem like eons.  PERFECT X-mas present for the little critters.
David's love his too.  Well guess I've yacked long enough now so all you
fuzzybugs (ferrets and their parents too) prepare for the most wonderful of
holidays!

           Kelleen & The INSANE Animal House