From:
"Kurt D. Springs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 00:33:52 -0400
Hi Folks,

First off, my house hold is pleased to welcome Peter, a sable silver mit.
Mhaire and Kian are trying to adjust to him, but it isn't easy.  Kian tried
bullying him, but Peter knows how to use the terrain to his advantage.
Today was the first day I put Kian and Peter down alone for any extended
length of time.  Peter got a little beat up at first, but stood off Kian.
Kian is more careful now in approaching him.  Things are tense but progress
is being made.  Mhaire leaves Peter alone as long as he leaves *her* things
alone.  I adopted Peter from Joan and Dick Bossart at Four Lil Paws.

Now I would like to say something about the three little ferrets who became
Martyrs in NJ.  Someone did a very dangerous thing, esp.  in this day and
age.  We should not have published the "gentleman's" name and address.  I
understand that people want to vent there anger on him for doing so
dispicable a thing via means of a letter writing campaign.  The problem is,
some people may not want to settle for simply writing to this person.  Many
of us are very angry with this person.  I myself envission doing things to
him that involve sharp knives and boiling oil.  It degenerates from there.
I'm certain I'm not alone.  If someone makes this fantasy a reality, ferret
lover's in general, the FML in particular get blamed, and our just cause is
brutalized.  We get painted as fanatics, and loose credability.  I don't
want to see that happen.  I suggest that in the future we refrain from
posting addresses of private citizens who's actions we don't approve of.

Sorry about preaching and I don't want to start a flames war.  I just want
us to think about the consequences before we act.