From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 18:56:02 EST
Snow Fuzzies
Ralph and Harry both ran out the door this morning when they discovered it
had snowed.  They turned into joyous leaping lunatics and Harry bounced
himself backwards off the stoop and into a pile of snow.  I brought in a
dish of snow for them to play in; it wasn't quite as much fun as being
outside, but they rooted around in it for a while.  Even Cinderella joined
in, though she enjoys drier pursuits, such as exploring the Great White
Winter Boots, which have a thick felt lining, perfect for shredding.

Re: taking photos of fuzzies
Ha ha--I have about 8 million photos of my dog and cats, but only a few
fuzzy photos, mostly being held or sleeping.  I give a lot of credit to
anyone who takes decent fuzzbean photos!!

Re: smell of fuzzies
I tried the nose to tail smell test; I find that the tail (and some
fuzzbeans) smell like moths, especially large ones (moths, that is).
Since I love bugs this is a neat smell to me; any entomologists out there
have a theory why ferret tails and moths smell similar?  (maybe it's those
fuzzymones or something)

Winter coats:
Ralph turns into a mooselet each winter, filling out considerably and
sporting luxurious golden fur under his handsome sable coat; this is
Harry's first winter with us, and he seems to be turning into a smaller
sablemoose, but no noticeable color change.  Cinderella remains her
beautiful sleek golden self year round.

Terms of endearment (some interchangeable with SO terms):
Fuzzbean, fuzz banana, Harry banana, snarf, lovebug, heeeey Ralphie,
mooselet (Ralph), Cinderella cute thing; Uh-oh, Cute Alert!  snuggly
bean, rugrat, fur face, potato bug, potato bean, pumpkin pie

--Ronnie (ha ha--who wanted to know about 'working' animals?
ain't none in this house!!); food & shelter provider to:
Max the avenger, the catnip-crazed kitties and
Ralphie Mooselet ("yawn, wake me when it's spring")
Harry Banana ("wake up, Ralphie, it's *snowing*!")
Cincerella ("of course I am sleek and gorgeous, I am
a Princess and insoles are my subjects")