From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 10:05:31 EDT
Russ writes:
>Wolfy, I enjoyed your ferret's tale about it's surgery, but I would like
>to know what the original surgery was for and why they had to open it's
>tummy.  I just feel the story is incomplete without that info.

You are so right.  I guess I didnt' include that info because the tale
was written for children so they can relate being sick and going to a
scary hospital for a scary opereration.  I felt like the reaons were
irrelevent to a child.  they just know "sick".  and all.

But in any case, for all you adults..... Dippy is a MF ferret.  Somehow
her anal sacs were never taken out.  Both were left behind fully intact.
It seems like the ducts?  were ary though.  So her anal sacs would get
infected, then the infection would "bleed" through to other areas.  The
opereration on her bottom was to remove the anal sacs that were left
behind.  The exploratory on her stomack was because of the far reaching
infection, and because I was in doubt that she was even spayed.  But
oddly she was.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/