From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:58:59 EST
This morning at about 10:15 (Fri 1/18) I caught a few minutes of NBC's
Today Show.  The guest was Wild Kingdom's Jim Fowler(?  I believe that's
who it was).  He did an interesting segment on endangered wildlife, with
several different animals.

One of the animals he talked about were prairie dogs, and he also
mentioned ferrets.  However, he brought out an albino ferret (!) and said
this one was a European ferret, but that the ferrets who ate prairie dogs
were American or something like that.  I was in a restaurant and didn't
catch the exact wording, and I couldn't hear if he mentioned black footed
ferrets at all.  But he had this albino ferret in a pen with something
that looked like dirt, and maybe he did some more explaining, but I think
most people would have come away with the idea that ferrets were wild
animals.

Anyway, I am writing the Today Show (and Wild Kingdom) a polite letter (as
soon as I can come up with their addresses) suggesting they do something
to correct the misinformation they inadvertently gave out.  Perhaps the
Today Show could have Mary and Eric from Modern Ferret on the show (if
they haven't been already, I don't usually catch it).

Does anyone have the Today Show address handy, or Wild Kingdom (a mailing
address, not just email)?  I did a small amount of rummaging but haven't
come up with them yet.  Thanks.

Ronnie