From:
Judy Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 20:30:47 -0400
Hi.

The Western Carolina Ferret Club, Shelter/Rescue Want to Thank Everyone who
came to the show here.  This was our 1st show, and it was coordinated By
Just 3 People, Margaret Leham, Judy and I.  We didn't know what to expect
for this show.  We had a good Response from Vendors and Exhibitors, But
still didn't know how it would be.  Well, Sat came and Sat is Gone, and I
am Proud to say It all went Super!!!!  We had about 330 people walk in.
Our Entries were Light, But thanks to PFR (Kym & Mary), Ferret Haven "By
the Sea", Warm Fuzzy, Lori Sies, and a few more that Added entries.  The
day went Very good, I, (Gary) Tried to get around the Show hall to make
sure everyone was ok, and any complaints.  The Vendors I did speak with
were very Happy, and said they would have no problem in coming back.  I
want to Thank The Judges for there Kindness, and Professionalism they
displayed at our show.  I have had Many Calls from local people saying
how much they enjoyed speaking with the Judges, and allowing them to ask
questions.  We also had people call and say they learned allot about
Adrenal, and Insulinoma from the Seminar that Lisa Leidig (Ferret Haven "By
the Sea") had done for us.  I cant Express How much we appreciated everyone
who attended and helped.  We received about 30 Applications for the Club.
Folks, this is what it is all about.  Our Mission was to Reach the People
here in this area with ferret information, we wanted to let people know we
were here for them...It was a Huge Success For the Ferrets and the Club.

I Thank EVERYONE, From the Bottom of my Heart for there support and
generosity for this show.  I want to Thank The AFA and Vicki McKimmey for
the use of there Logo On the Ribbons for the show, and for the Judges, and
also to LIFE for the 2 Judges that came also.  They were all Super.  Oh,
One last thing...We were asked By the Local People if we were going to do
another show here, and Guess what....WE ARE!!!  Be looking for the Next
date for the 1st Championship show here in NC, and the 2nd Annual Ferret
Fair 2000.  We are looking at the Charlotte Area to reach a wider variety
of people.  Thanks to everyone once again.

Judy and Gary

Western North Carolina Ferret Shelter,Rescue & Club
Judy & Gary Skinner
3219 Oran Yount Ln
Granite Falls, NC 28630
828-396-8117