From:
"Megan O'Shaughnessy, D.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:26:21 -0700
The following was forwarded to me by someone not on the FML.  Copies of
this have probably made their way around to some of you.

I have done some checking myself and as far as I can tell (I'm *NOT* a
lawyer!) the FCC can't prevent offensive advertising such as this and the
best thing to do is to take it up directly with Radio Shack and local radio
stations which broadcast their commercial.  Reference:
http://www.fcc.gov/mmb/enf/forms/fcc100.html
most especially points 4, 19, and 32.

I DID phone up Radio Shack at the number given below.  Supposedly, the
person to direct complaints to is Chuck Barton in Advertising.  His direct
phone # is 817-415-3529.  He was "out of the office" when I called.

I don't have the time or knowlege to spearhead an effort re: this terrible
commerical, unfortunately.  I hope that some of you experienced in this
type of situation can help!

- Megan