From:
Laura Hamlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:00:28 -0800
Hey guys...

Well, after a crazy week of mourning, gathering information, and working
with the AFA, we have a plan of attack.

The AFA is going to send "official" letters of complaint to the following
five places:

to encourage them to use this tragedy as an opportunity to respond with
compassion and revisit their "no ferrets in the cabin" pet traveling
policy:

American Airlines
P.O. Box 619612
MD 2400
DFW Airport, Texas 75261-9612

Mr. Robert C. McCulloch
St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney
100 So. Central Ave.
Clayton, Missouri 63105
314-615-2600

Supreme Court Building
207 W. High St.
P.O. Box 899
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102
573-751-3321

The station that broadcasts the Bob and Tom show, on which the morning
DJs joked about the ferret on the airplane story, saying how the guy
tried to flush it but that, ultimately, the ferret lived:

Spencer Koch
General Manager
KSHE 95
800 St. Louis Union Station
The Powerhouse
St. Louis, Missouri 63103

KSHE s parent company (and the hometown of the Bob and Tom show):

Mr. Jeffrey Smulyan
CEO
EMMIS Communications
One EMMIS Plaza
40 Monument Circle, Suite 700
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204

They are going to post the letters on their Web site and encourage all
members and visitors to send letters of their own.

If anyone wants to see the letters I've drafted, e-mail me privately and
I'll send them along.  (Saves you the time of writing your own, right?)

Let's all work to turn this tragedy into a positive!

Laura Hamlett