From:
Dee McNally <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 08:04:58 -0500
Thursday night I let them play together in a separate part of the house than
we normally let them play.  They got curious about each other.  Then,
Alexander did something that took me and Roxana totally by surprise.  He
jumped on her back in a position like he was going to, well, you know.  You
should have seen the look on Roxana's face.  You could tell she was not
amused at all.  She got away from him, but he managed to do this several
times before he left her alone.

Now, without embarrassing myself totally, is he trying to do what I
think he is??

They continued to sniff the room out separate from each other, and not by my
doing, but whenever Alexander would try to get close to her, she would run
under a cabinet.  He seemed disappointed, and would go the other way.

Also, when they were playing together again last night, they got into it,
biting and scratching at each others faces.  After letting this go on for a
while, I decided to pull them apart, since it looked like they would keep at
it all day.  He tried to go after her, but I kept him away because she was
backing up, hair on end, and pooping everywhere.  I decided that he had
scared her or she was frustrated or something, and decided to part them for
a while.

Any suggestions on these to happenings?