From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 09:08:24 -0400
Just a very fast comment since I know that some people are probably going
to point out foods without additives so might as well balance the picture:
noticed a recent announcement of a study started in which some common
additive compounds turned out in preliminary studies to reduce rates of
certain circulatory diseases, so large and long studies will be done to see
if that holds.  Know some people worry about anything "chemical" but since
everything IS composed of chemicals by definition I figured mentioning that
what's not known can go either way makes sense.  I mean, most folks think,
"Clear mountain water" means safe but I know from family and friends in
certain of those areas that some of it can't be touch due to large amounts
of heavy metal run-off from old mines, and know how denuded some areas
around old copper mines are for thousands of years.  If you are going with
mountain water always check out the level of mining and what is mined for in
that area and how the separations were done before you assume it's safe.