From:
Ellen Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:34:39 -0400
Hello All!!

I prematurely deleted the FML from yesterday, so can't remember who posted
on this....

I wanted to let everyone know that it *is* possible to spay a ferret in
heat.  It's a little trickier, what with all the extra blood supply to the
area at that time, but most definately possible.  In fact, I have seen my
ferret vet do this several times, with no complications whatsoever.

Of course, it's best, and easier to spay when the jill is not in heat.  A
"dud stud" is wonderful...gets the job done!  :>)

As to the hormone injection, I personally would not consider it an option.
I have heard of too many jills who, once they had "the shot" either never
came into season again or were not able to conceive or carry a pregnancy.
Of course, I guess that wouldn't matter if the jill were to be spayed
anyway......

Just my $.02 worth....

Have a wonderfully weasilly weekend!!

Elle
Rainbow River Ferretry
Grizabella the Glamour Weasel
Raffi (come closer, I want to taste you...)
Bustopher Jones (whole lotta meat on his bones)