From:
"A. ANCHIETA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 08:58:09 -0700
Greetings Everyone,

Okay.  I am in Economic Entomology 303.  We have this huge semester long
project of collecting insects from assorted families and orders.  We have to
correctly pin them and ID them.  I thought I would bring my collection home
to get some pinning done.  HUGE mistake.  The pinned insects are stuck in
styrofoam which is in a CLOSED boot box.  Well, I had them on the table and
decided to move them so that they weren't directly in the path of the air
conditioner.  I set them on the bed and forgot about them.  Then we let out
the ferrets.  We heard scratching and just assumed that they were scratching
on the hamper as usual.  Then Mordecai walks in front of us with little
white things all over him.  What in the world?  That's styrofoam...OH NO!!
In to the bedroom we raced.  Styrofoam and insect parts where everywhere!
They had scratched up the styrofoam, eaten some insects, mangled others
beyond identification, and taken some away for storage.  Total damage: 3
insects left that are identifiable.  So I have one month to catch and ID 57
insects from specific orders and families.  I don't know when I am finally
going to learn never to assume with these guys.  SIGH.

Amy

Mordecai ("Hey whats in this box...MMMMM food.)
Cassie ("You know I don't like chicken ferret treats or ham, but this huge
moth is down right delicious!)
Dusty ("Maim, dismember, scratch, scratch, Wahoo!)
+
Mimi (the cat) & Rene (the husband)