From:
Amy Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 10:06:10 -0800
I've been reading for about 3 months now and I feel like I have learned enough
about the care of ferrets, that I am ready to find the perfect addition for my
family.  In fact, all of your wonderful stories confirms the fact that a ferret
 would be the perfect pet for me.  BUT, my family isn't quite so enthusiastic.
They are all animal lovers and think a ferret would be great, but they are
convinced that ferrets smell really bad and no matter what you do, your entire
house will have that musky ferret smell.  I know the ferret will have the run
of the house, so confining the "smell" to one room is out of the question!

Do ferrets smell?  Obviously we all "smell", but is the smell intolerable or
prominate when you walk in the house?  Does bathing reduce the natural odor
ferrets have?  Does your entire house take on this natural "scent"?

I appologize for being so blunt, but I want to be sure that our new family
member is welcome by all.  I feel all aspects should be considered before
bringing a pet home.

Thank you in advance for any information.  This list is very enjoyable and
educational.  Thank you again!

Amy

Amy M. Henry
Vice President, Corporate Operations

All Views and Opinions Expressed Are My Own And Not Necessarily Shared By
Labyrinth Corporation.