From:
tim fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 18:35:47 -0000
I must just clear this up.  The jill in question will not 'bleed to death'
if left in heat for too long.  Here in the Uk we all own ferrets that
have not been 'done' I have owned ferrets for 15 years, working them
and breeding them.  A jill can go for 1 season without being bred from.
She will suffer no ill effects.  However, the next year she must be
covered[bred with] a hob.  I use a vasectomised hob, which will knock her
out of oestrus without the resulting litter of kits.

In your case, Matan, i would look at the mating prosess.  It is the act
of biting, quite hard and agressively, on the back of the neck, that puts
the jill out of season, not the penetration of her.  Does the hob do it
properly?  He may be fertilising her, but not putting her out of season.
It is an interesting one, this, but dont rush to give your vet your hard
earned money just yet.  He'll only give her a jab to put her out of season.
I would try another hob first, if your are really keen to breed a litter.
Good luck.

www.fowlersferrets.co.uk