Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:56:39 -0400
My monster moose named Nexus made it over his room barricade during the
night.  I have a board with 2" pvc slit across the top to prevent little
ferret paws from gripping.  Around 2 a.m. I heard a noise like a
wastebasket being moved and I'm thinking there is no way that moose got
out of his room.  Sure enough Nexus was on the loose.  I couldn't believe
it.  I put him back in his room and watched.  The pvc is in the door
opening but not on the very ends of the board where it is screwed into
the door frame.  He was gripping that little piece of board and managing
to pull himself over.  This is the same room that Chance had for 3 years
and never got out.  The most amazing thing is that Nexus and the huffer
(hedgehog) who was in an open pen in the living room didn't get into it.
I guess Nexus ran right by the pen and went investigating wastebaskets.
He seemed interested in the huffer when we returned to the livingroom and
I had to temporarily cover the huffer pen.  I'm just thankful I heard
Nexus moving about before he got in the huffer pen.  He probably would
have gotten full of quills.  I guess you can't underestimate a four pound
hob.  Tonite two more pieces of pipe will be slid over the ends.  If that
doesn't curtail the moose, I will put a half door up.

Moxie and Nexus
missing Chance