From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21:36:05 -0800
Well I got several messages from people who apparently, I am guessing,
did not like what I had said regarding this Oregon Ferret Shelter Vs.
TLE issue.  This is the paragraph I was referring to that TLE wrote:

That is too many ferrets [150] for one person to take care of, especially
including those with medical problems that have to be monitored very
closely.  I know we all have different limits but this is way too many
for one person.  My group is free roam and I spend 5 hours a day, every
day, 7 days a week cleaning up after them.  I know how much work and time
it takes to keep them happy, healthy and to monitor them closely and I
don't have near that number of ferrets.

Now, if this was not to be interpreted as her saying the "150 ferrets is
too many for one person to handle", that needs to be cleared up.  Because
all I said was that the Oregon Ferret Shelter IS NOT run by 1 person, and
THEREFORE, whether or not 1 person can handle 150 ferrets is a non-issue,
in this case.  I have had personal emails with TLE and I can clearly
tell, even not having personal emails with her, that she cares very
deeply for her ferrets.  I never said she didn't.  I was just trying to
point out that, by the way, the Oregon Ferret Shelter is not run solely
by 1 person.  So, let's direct the issue, if we need to discuss this at
all, in another direction.  And that does NOT mean in TLE's direction.

Though, on a completely different note, there does appear to be "sacred
cows" on this FML and I don't think that is fair, as a general concept.
But, once again, I am not referring to TLE or suggesting anyone question
her ferret devotion.

Minta & Linus