From:
"Karen E. Marsh-Lovvorn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 08:54:03 -0400
Hi Ed:

Is Pouncer having any other symptoms?  If she also has a swollen vulva,
could be adrenal problems.  (She can't be in heat - she's over 2 years old,
& hasn't had problems yet!) If no other symptoms it could be stress - she's
been introduced to 2 new ferrets in the past couple weeks, new home, etc., &
she's kind of hyper anyway.  What kind of cage are you keeping her in?  Is
there anything allergenic in the house that you know of?  She could be
sensitive to something, so if I were you I'd check for environmental things
first, observe her, & if there's nothing there, you might want to take her
to the vet.

How's Jasmine doing with Pouncer & Fritz?  She seemed to be a little "off
her feed" when she first came to the shelter, but after a week or so (& lots
of hugs & turkey baby food) she was better - so keep an eye on her (for
stressors) too.  Hope the 3 of them are learning to get along!

Good luck, & keep us posted.  BTW: No meeting in July, though we may do a
booth at the Festival for the Eno - are waiting to see if our application is
accepted.  We can't sell stuff, but we can take orders, membership
applications, etc.  so let me know if you (or Melinda) might be interested.
Next meeting will be at Shari's house in Raleigh on Aug.  3.

Take care,

Karen