From:
Christina Mearns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:58:51 +0000
Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I last posted, but I haven't forgotten you!

I now have 4 ferrets, Taz, Ruby, Teddy and Sylvestre.  Sylvestre came
home with me just over 2 weeks ago from the pet shop (he's a MF).  He is
4 months old and limped badly, but still managed to get arround.  The vet
X-rayed him and found that his leg (hind) was broken and healed itself 2
months ago.  Does anyone else have any experience with this.  He seems
more active now as he has managed to build up his muscles as he is free
roam.

He is also deaf.  Or at least we think he is as he doesn't react to sound.
The other ferrets are onlder than him (almost 1 yr old now) and they seem
to be very good with him.

Another question concerning fur this time.  I live in France and here
it's starting to get cold.  My 4 have really thick coats, but a friend of
mine's ferrets has a much shorter coat than mine do.  Does it just depend
on the ferret?

I just wanted to share this with you and see if any of you had any advice
concerning the leg and his deafness.

Thanks,
Christina, Taz, Ruby, Teddy, Sylvestre