From:
"Mason T. Weinrich" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:39:23 -0400
Hi folks -

First, let me thank everyone for their support and advice with little
Slinky.  Through the tears it has meant a whole lot.

Slinky is actually feeling a lot better, although nothing has changed in the
diagnosis.  He's been on pediapred for 3 days now, and is feeling much more
energetic - he is able to play a bit again, and even had a brief wrestle
with Pogo this morning (the first one in over a month)!  Pogo is so excited
it's almost funny.  His spleen swelling seems to be starting to go down just
a bit, so the pred appears to be doing its stuff.

I've also started Slink on two herbals - Pao D'arco and Red Clover.  These
were suggested by several folks, and I figure that they can't hurt at this
point.  He is getting five drops of each once a day.  While he doesn't like
them (or the pred), a lick of linatone right after is always good for a
quick forgiveness!

Cheers - Mason, a Slinky who is feeling a bit better, a Pogo who is SOOOOO
happy to have his buddy back, and Leila who still wonders what all this
is about and -wait - what's this talk of ANOTHER ferret???