From:
Kim Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:14:58 -0700
Thank you BIG for allowing me to post about Princess.  I have 2 ferrets
Frankie DA Ferret & Poncho AKA Kamikaze but I knew that ferret folks care
for all animals not just ferrets and could understand.  Like me probably
most of them will rescue any animal that needs them.  I am just such a
softy and have a really difficult time with any life that passes.  I
thought folks might like an update but if you can't post it's OK.

Update - I took Princess over to the kids wrapped in paper towels like she
was in a blankey.  I talked to them for a long time about her.  The boy
was crying, he just didn't know how to take care of her.  He felt very bad,
however I made him responsible for taking care of what she left on this
earth.  I told him how to bury her and about having a funeral.  I felt it
was very important for him to see the consequences.  Hopefully this lesson
made an impact on him and he will be more careful next time.

I am really most upset with the Mom for not teaching him better and not
picking up where he left off.  She was also there as I talked to the kids
and hopefully some of it sunk in for her as well.

God bless,

Kim the Oregon One
Frankie "DA ferret", "Kamikaze ferret" Poncho, Mitchika "alpha dog",
Caesar "AD I'm a lucky dog da da", Cleopatra "Calico Queen of Cats" and
Senior Butchy "one eyed Bandito" tuxedo cat.