From:
Jerry King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 15:21:40 -0800
>From:    "Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: 220 volt wiring  vs. Ferret
>Subject: Cable chewing/ferret math?
>...Either find a place for him where there is no electrical wiring to
>chew on, or try to find something really nasty tasting to discourage his
>chewing.  Perhaps some hot sauce of some type?  Kinda messy but better than
>a dead ferret.  I think it's a pretty good bet that if he bites through a
>wire carrying 220 volts, he'll die.

Also, try giving him a piece of electrical cord that is not plugged in.
When he chews on it, squirt him with water, like from a squirt gun.  It
won't him, and he'll probably find it anoying enough to eventually stop
chewing on cords.  Also, you can try bitter apple on all the cords around
the house, but if you don't respray periodically, it might not discourage
him.

Jerry