From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 08:44:27 EDT
Dooks all ~~ !!

Well, just got back from the Inland Northwest Ferret Show.  Personally, I
had a great time.  It was nice to put faces to names and get to meet so
many people that I have spoken with and heard of.  It was the first show
I've ever attended so I wasn't certain what to expect.  I thought there
could have been a better turn out, but I feel the organizers did a
wonderful job of getting it all together.

My friend Nori and I went up with 2 ferts that were bred by her.  Her boy
Cinter placed 9th in the Breeders Category.  My girl Nikki got 2nd place
in the Black Eyed / Marked White category.  She also placed 2nd, 3rd, and
4th (3 ring) in the alters competition .. YEAH NIKKI !!!!!!  Made me very
proud as the owner and Nori proud as the breeder.  If I had really known
what to expect, and how many categories there were, I would have brought
more kids.

Since the weather was expected to be really hot on Sunday, we decided to
leave right after the show for the several hour drive back to Portland,
OR.  Cinter and Nikki were made comfortable in the back of the truck while
Peabody made himself comfortable with us in the front seat between Nori
and I just laying ther and being petted the whole trip home.  .... What's
that?  Oh, yeah - Peabody.

Well, some ferts can steal the show ... Others steal your heart.  The nice
folks from Ferret Haven of Spokane (Paula, Liz & others)
<http://www.icehouse.net/ferret> were there with some of the shelter kids.
One inparticular kept calling out to me.  A very handsome 2yr old chocolate
boy named Peabody.  Peabody, or PB as we have been calling him, is a
regular cuddle-fert.  He cuddled up in my arms and just loved laying there
and being held and petted.  His brother (also a rescue) won some very nice
first place awards for the shelter.

Now shelters normally do not make it a practice to adopt out kids without
knowing something about the prospective adoptive parent.  And they really
shy away from doing adoptions at shows and things like that.  I guess I
was very fortunate that there were several people who could verify what
kinda guy I am and how I treat my kids.  They allowed me to adopt Peabody.

Anyway - lots of fun, a chance to meet fellow fuzzy lovers, a chance to
cuddle with kids, and a chance to show off your kids.  What else could ya
want ??  I'm certainly looking forward to the next show !!!!!

Warm fuzzies ~~ !!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
~Mocha~Nikki~Selene~Missy~Yogi~Skooter~Tootsie~ Peabody~and Mist the
Fer-Kat
FOSTERS ~Nippy~Stubbie~Willie~Christina~   RESCUE ~Sasquatch~
GUARDIAN FUR-ANGELS -
~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little Boy~
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                 http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.