From:
"Diana J. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 05:05:45 -0500
Hi, everyone!
I have a question about switching my two over from Iams (rascal eats)and Sci
Diet (Dandy eats).  Neither will touch the other's food.  I'd like to switch
them *both* over to Totally Ferret.  It would be better nutritionally for
them, and better hassel-wise for me.  I just think it's silly to have to buy
two different brands of food... I've tried everything I can think of to get
these guys to switch--gradually mixing TF with their present diet doesn't
work.  They meticulously pick out the TF and hide it under a blanket so I
won't know they aren't eating it.  Cold turkey doesn't work because they
just stop eating, and I loose my resolve after a day or so.  I'm afraid
they'll lose weight and get sick.  If there's anything I can't do, it's let
my ferrets get bony!  Offering the TF as a treat doesn't work, either.  They
practically spit it at me!  If anybody has a brilliant idea, I'm all ears
(or eyes, in this case...).  If not, *I give up!*

Re: the change in Sci Diet: The bag says "New and Improved" or some such.
The label is different.  The food smells different, (and must taste
different, too, but Dandy is still eating it, thank god.  I don't know what
i'd feed her if she wasn't...).  The ingredient list is identical to that on
the old bag, though.  I take it corn has *always* been the second
ingredient?  So where's the change?

Last thing, and then I'll shut up and let somebody else post a message.  *I
want a new fuzzy*!  I feel like an addict needing a fix!  I want to be a
responsible mom, though, and adopt a fuzzy in need.  I've been gazing
longingly into pet shop windows, but Rascal and Dandy are pet shop babies,
and I think that's all the business I need to give the shops in my area.
They all do the fish-tank & pine shavings thing.  My dream fuzzy would be
about the same age as Rascal and Dandy--7-12 mo-- fairly healthy, (I just
don't have the funds to take care of one with adrenal disease or etc.  right
now...), and albino.  Color and gender really don't matter, but I'd love to
have an albino.  I'm in Springfield MO.  Would those nearby who have a fuzzy
that fits (or closely fits) my description please drop me an e-mail?  Thank
you!

Didi Anderson

an' da fuzz-babes,
Rascal & Dandy