From:
"Michael R. Butz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 11:23:07 -0500
Greetings!  I am a new, and excited ferret owner.  My ferret, Eddie, is a
wonderful sable male, full of energy and fun.  I have had few problems with
him so far, having done a fair amount of reading before getting him last
December.  However, I do have some remaining questions/concerns for which I
am searching for answers.

I have a one bedroom apartment and have ferret-proofed the main room (my
bedroom is off limits!).  I have been unable, however, to find a way to
prevent him from getting into my sofa-bed couch.  He's unable to crawl under
it (I hammered wood lattice strips along all four sides), but he gets in
through the cushions, where he scratches and makes a mess of things for many
(happy) hours.  I am afraid that when I pull open the couch to get him he
might get caught in the springs and bars...since I can't see him.  He has
ample room to run about in the main room, and is out of his cage from when I
get home at night to when I go to bed, so I don't feel like depriving him of
the couch is too bad.  Any suggestions?

Second question: what is Duck Soup?

Third question:  where is this Rainbow Bridge you're all talking about?

Fourth question: Eddie won't eat anything at all but MF ferret food.  He
doesn't like the Bandits treats, or even Ferretone!  He does, however, like
milk and all dairy related products, but I've heard those aren't good for
ferrets.  Is this true?  What else could I try?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.  You can email me at the above
address, or reply to the FML.  Thanks again, and happy dooking.

--michael, and eddie