From:
Sonya Grable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 19:10:00 -0000
Hi Again -

Guess I should've been a bit clearer regarding my post yesterday...

I realize most homes have copper plumbing, but am concerned about the
'kids' (possibly) breathing in volatile particles like copper carbonate
(green), sulfate (blue), etc.  from water that's collected in a copper
base, then re-circulated over and around areas where they build up on
the metal.  I used to make low-fire (Raku) pottery and my own washes
and glazes.  I used copper carbonate, oxide (red and black), and sulfate
as colorants.  These chemicals can be dangerous if used or handled
incorrectly.  Copper is volatile under certain conditions, however, I am
uncertain regarding this particular use/application.  It would seem that
it would be ok, but I don't know.  Besides, I doubt that ferret health
was a consideration during conception or manufacture. <G>

I'm waiting for a reply from the manufacturer and have contacted other
sources which may prove to be of some assistance.  It's just that I'd like
to hear from someone who knows about ferrets *and* my concerns regarding
such.

Knowing a little (but not enough) about this is what's driving both my
fears and my concerns.

Thanks (again).
Sonya