Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:35:23 -0800
About 50 minutes ago. 4:08 pm, my sweet Sandy went to the Rainbow
Bridge. ...only a couple weeks after losing Staci...I have a feeling it
is going to be one of those years for my kids. Most of my kids I took
in when I started rescue 5 years ago. At least 75 % of them are 4 and
up.....5 are adrenal....it is going to be one of those years.....that
same voice speaks quietly that spoke when I had my last bad run of one
a month for 8 months amd the hurt is the same. It never gets easier
and it never goes away. Each one is a piece of your heart, which
fortunately for us as humans is a rejuvenating organ every time a needy
fuzz butt walks in our door, that little door in our heart also opens
and the process begins again. Need walks in and the heart's door opens.

My sweet Sandy, a sable girl joins one of her buddies already at the
bridge-Dusty Dustbuster and leaves behind Vin Diesel Weasel and Fairy
Buttercup (both adrenal by the way and all 4 were/are Marshall Farms
ferrets) This forces me to use the Marshall Farm abbreviation MF for
words that more accurately describe the people that run that ferret
factory with no regard to the health quality of their animals. That
said however, breeders, rescues, shelters, ferrets, dogs, cats
humans....nobody comes in to this world with a guarantee of health.
Life is life and all the animals need love.

Human & animal. Life is to be celebrated while we have it. It's not
fair and it does not judge in death. It just is. That's all we can
ask for or expect. Really.

Sandy, like all of my other fuzzys had a peaceful passing in my arms.
One of my fondest memories of her was the day she went bouncing
backward through the kitchen and landed butt smack in the middle of a
freshly poured bowl of dog water. It caught her by such surprise when
she landed with a splash that she sat there for a moment as her brain
processed what had happened. The glare in her eyes as she quickly back
tracked and re traced that last bounce told me she knew I saw it coming
and did nothing to stop her, taking every advantage of the weezil humor
factor at the expense of her wet arse.

I have neglected to post a farewell to my Staci too.. She was a very
special girl. I taught her two tricks....roll over and bang,...it was
entirely too cute and delighted everyone that passed through my door.
Staci was also my nurse ferret. Any time a fuzzy was sick or recovering
from surgery, Staci laid by their side sending natural reiki healing
energy vibes. She was an amazing little girl. It was Staci who was
instrumental in helping me discover my ability to communicate with
animals. It was she that first responded the day I was laying around
depressed, silently wishing a fuzzy would curl up and take a nap with
me. Minutes later, Stacie appeared at the edge of the couch, pulled
herself up with a swift weezil chin up, curled up on the pillow at my
head and went to sleep. Knowing that Staci was not the cuddling type,
I had no doubts that communications were happening. That sweet little
girl was there for the ferrets....and for me. It was Stacie who Maggie
May the cat was so smitten with, when she arrived pregnant with a
litter of kittens. Wincing in mild protest, Staci let Maggie wrap her
in her paws and groom her as she prepared for motherhood. It was also
Staci who was only one of a couple ferrets that ws permitted to visit
the newborn kittens as if she were helping count fingers and toes
assisting Maggie with a motherly inspection.

Every one of these kids has brought a special lesson to my life and I
am so grateful to every one. It is worth every bit of the work, the
sacrifices and the tears. Peaceful passings to Sandy and Staci. I love
you girls. Thank you for being a part of my life

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.