From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 01:28:03 -0800
I do think the quality of life does depend on the animal, owner and their
emotional attachment to their animal and what their qualified vet thinks.
If all the medical methods have been tried, then the above may apply.  I'm
sure many want to hold on as long as possible.  Putting any animal to sleep
can be a very hard decision..  I've had to do this and to be honest, I have
cared more for my animal and cried more then I did any human in my life..
(hate to state this but it is true in my case).  IMO- if all medical
methods are tried, please consider how your animal is acting...

A ferret who is still playful, eating and drinking, should continue to go
on..We had an incontinent ferret, but I would not put her to sleep because
of this.  I really don't know all the factors to figure in when to put a
ferret to sleep.  I do trust how the animal is acting and what I have done
to help my pet and what the vet suggests.

If you have to put your ferret to sleep, please don't feel guilty because I
know this is a very hard decision to make.  Don't let anyone put you down
for this.  Just my opinion is all.

Debbie