From:
Andrea Mercado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 00:27:44 -0500
Paper bags:
Corey and I have seen posts on the list about "paper bag escapes" at shows.
How does this game work?

Crazy albino:
My albino boy Gabriel is driving us *absolutely insane*!  I don't what
happened, but he's been quite skittish lately, as well as downright
impossible.  He's just over a year old now, so I'm thinking maybe it's just
adolescence.  But it's driving us batty!  He'll scratch at the closet door
for 1/2 hour at a time sometimes, and he just doesn't take no for an
answer.  If you don't let him out of the cage right away, he'll paw, bite,
pull and grab at the cage bars, making quite a racket.  I'm afraid he'll
hurt himself by getting a nail caught or breaking a tooth.  And that's just
a sampling of his behavior.

Time outs aren't working with him anymore, and scruffing and hissing just
seems to egg him on.  I'm almost thinking maybe he's just a thick-headed
guy, but his behavior is affecting us as his parents, as well as the other
2 gals in the business.

His overly-aggressive behavior has also kept us from integrating our foster
Tiki fully.  We've been through all of the integration tricks, but in the
end he's just too rough with her, and for now Tiki either sleeps alone or
with Lucy.  Our dream is to move them all into one cage and let them all
out for one playtime, but for now it's not possible and we're on shifts
with them.  We try to be as fair as possible with the three of them, since
we don't want a hostile living environment, and we don't want any of them
to feel left out.

Sounds like a project for a business therapist :).  Any suggestions?

Andrea and the disfunctional but cute business:

Lucy Furr "I'm sensing some anger...I'll set up a group therapy session."
Gabriel "Let me out!  Tipping over the trash was fun."
Tiki "Is he ever gonna stop trying to beat me up?"

"O Dogbert, Patron Saint of Lazy Ass New=20
Media twenty-somethings, protect us from work."
- my best friend Nejla