From:
Rebecca McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:19:09 -0500
My condolences to all who've lost their babies.

Bob: Please, please, please, don't leave the FML.  You are a total source
of information, and your posts are always great.

I've searched all over Lafayette for a copy of Modern Ferret, and no one
carries it here, so I guess I'll have to try the website to get one.  On
what Bob said about people trying to stop this publication, I have to agree
with him.  All over the world there are publications people don't like, and
through the years they have banned, or tried to ban, books, magazines, etc.
Get a life, people.  Do what Bob said-buy the copy at the place you saw it,
write across it telling them you won't buy there anymore.

I did go to Modern Ferret's webpage to see if I could find a picture of the
new October magazine, and from what I could see, even on the webpage you
could see it was a hoax.

Bob-why don't we all suggest, er, excuse me, all of us who like Modern
Ferret and don't want to see it shut down, that Mary & Eric do a "National
Geographic" type thing, and have it sent to subscribers only?  This way
it's not on the vast market for people to complain about, and only those
that want it can get it?  And you know, while typing this I keep thinking
of all the "Men's Magazines" (my apologies to those who don't buy them)
that are on the magazine racks, and some of the "Women's Magazines" (again,
apologies to those of us who don't not buy this sort of thing).  They have
been known to have terrible things in them, yet they're still on the market.

Seems to me that those that have been coming down on Modern Ferret should
swing their energies more to finding the people who have created,
"starred", filmed, and purchased those God awful things called crush
movies.  I've had nightmares since I read about them.  C'mon, people,
channel your rage and energy at this type of filth, not a magazine
designed to give great ferret information, and to poke some fun at things.

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem (begging Bob to stay)
=======================
Rebecca McFarlane
Secretary
Basic Medical Sciences
School Veterinary Medicine
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1246
Phone:   765-494-8632
Fax:     765-494-0781
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
 good with ketchup"