From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:41:43 -0700
I just found out the three babies I told you all about last week came form
different Petco's in Las Vegas.  They do have the dots in the ears so I am
guessing they are Marshall Farms.  She told me that they have not had any
shots except what the pet stores required of MF.  So can any of you give me
advice on what to do?  Should I take them in a get them reshot?  Should I
wait till about the year mark which I would be guessing at but should be in
the next 4 months?  I am not sure???  They all seem very healthy now but I
am concerned about them being around my dogs if they have not been properly
vaccinated.  Does MF vaccinate the needed 3-4 times before they sell them
to pet stores?  I also have a question about the reactions that I heard
about and read about in regards to the shots.  I read in ferret magazine
that they get just the normal canine distemper and the a normal canine
rabies... But I have heard several of you talk about a shot called ferravet
or something like that and the high percentage of reaction.  Is there some
special ferret vaccine that is different from the canine type?  Is there
a higher reaction rate to the ferret shot compared to the canine shot?
Or am I jut totally confused???  (possible)

Thank you all for your help and advice.

Pheobe