From:
Aly Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 00:19:52 EDT
hi, im a first time ferret owner and i was wondering if anyone could tell
me or direct me to some information about FERVAC Vs Galaxy-D distemper
vaccine.  i took my 5 mo. old ferret to the vet today for her distemper
shot (second one, she got first one through MF) they gave her FERVAC.
well i left her there for a half hour so they could watch for a reaction
and i came back to get her afterwards.  as i was paying the bill she
vomited in her pet carrier.  well they took her back and said they wanted
to keep her for 2 hr. to monitor her.  about an hour after i left her i
called the vet to see how she was doing.  they said she kept vomiting
after i left and had now developed bloody stooll, a fever and even though
was in a big kennel, was "lethargic".  after about an hr. i went to check
her and ask if i could take her home yet.  she was shaking and very clingy
to my hand.  i would hate to see my girl go through the bad experiance of
a reaction to FERVAC again.  i read someone posting about FERVAC and
galaxy d i just don't know what the difference is.  i asked my vet and she
said she would have to order Galaxy-D from another vet or someone else i
forgot who she said.  but anywho i asked her if Galaxy-D causes less of a
reaction.  she said she'd look into it because she didn't know, so im
wondering if anyone's fuzzy has had a FERVAC reaction, then switched to
Galaxy-D and been fine?  im wondering if the side affect if any, from
Galaxy-D are any better of worse than FERVAC?  please feel free to email
me directly.

thanks, Aly

PS my fuzzy is better now she was a little subdued for a few hours but
eventually she fell asleep and is now prancing around my room as i type
this letter =)