From:
Arlena Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 07:48:24 -0400
Last Monday (07/27/2009) morning, I observed the unfolding of a very
unhappy story. For many different reasons, mostly monetary, people are
giving up their Companion Pets. This applies to all Companion Animals,
not just ferrets.

I was in the LCAS animal visitation room. As I looked through a window,
into the lobby, I watched a woman approach the front door. Not once or
twice. But, three times. In her arms, she was carrying her long time
Companion Pet, a silver and white Wire Haired Terrier.

Once she was in the lobby, she started to cry, very deeply. Her face
turned a bright shade of red. She was very upset, over giving up her
Companion Pet. An Animal Shelter Worker had to fill out the Voluntary
Surrender paperwork.

To help calm the woman down, she was seated in a lobby chair and
consoled, by a few other people, who were surrendering their pets,
cats and dogs. During this unhappy episode, the woman could have
had a heart attack. I do not know if an Emergency Squad was called.

During the night of the 13th of this month, a large female rabbit and
a male ferret were abandoned, at the front door of the LCAS. Two days
later, when I saw him, I adopted One-Spot Dillinger. The rabbit is
still waiting to be adopted. She is being housed in the Cat Room.
Please! Someone! Have a heart and adopt the rabbit.

I am still waiting on the outcome of a Felony Criminal Case. When the
woman is convicted, I will be able to adopt Darling Faith. She has
been at the LCAS since early May, when she was confiscated.

Frowns,
Arlena
Ferrets Rule My World!
Every Ferret Has A Song And Dance!