Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:06:08 EST
Judith had the brilliant idea:
>When newbies request one of our ferrets, we will suggest they adopt a
>ferret from the local shelter first.  If they do so, they will get a
>discount on one of our ferrets, if they decide to adopt one of ours later

Judith as a shelter operator all I can say is Thank you and wish you were
nearer to me.  I think that is one of the best ideas I've ever heard of.  I
am pro breeder, but refuse to breed when I'm taking in so many in the
shelter.  I believe everyone deserves to have a choice of where to get
their ferret.  This way, stresses the homeless situation and may make the
new owners think before they buy.

Big Hugs
Faith
Ferrets R #1 Shelter & Rescue