Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:37:44 +0000
So, as not to leave anyone hanging.

I have been getting the local paper to see if there was anything listed
for Amber's obit, and have seen nothing. All i can figure is maybe she
is from out of town?

If anything just offer up a thought/prayer for this young woman. She
just didn't have a rescue drill in place? Most of the time, many if
NOT all of us, are lulled into a false sense of security (time and
unforseen circumstances, befall us all).

I can remember when Camp Pendleton was on fire . 5,000+ acres of it,
i was watching it burn from my back porch (i was in base housing). I
was not a native of Ca. but i have witnessed some real devastation. I
was out there when Thousand Oaks burned, fire so big, that i watched
Temecula burn. I called my mother / back home here in Wisc. told her i
didn't know what to take first (no one wants to lose their hard earned
possessions) but i knew it would have been my 2 cats, Boo Boo & Tigger.
(both are now gone from my life, but not my heart). They are the 2 ,
that i went inside my own smoke filled apt to find, they were hiding
underneath the headboard of our waterbed. I had those cats nearly 20
years.

I remember once reading;

Learn by the mistakes of others
You won't live long enough to make them ALL yourself.

Make a mental note, of emergency exits.(not doors, but know those too)
You may not be in a fire prone area, but there is always SOMETHING that
could happen.

Respectfully
Donna/ Wisconsin