From:
Mary Oyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:37:58 -0500
Our oldest ferret, Rosie, is taking Lupron injections.  Just curious,
anyone else out there with ferrets receiving Lupron injections?  If so,
have you seen any improvement in the ferret?  Rosie has been on the Lupron
now for just over four weeks.  About a week ago we noticed her hair is
starting to grow back.  She has lots more energy and doesn't fall when she
tries to walk.  We didn't do anything different with her when we started
her on treatments so we would know what effect the Lupron was having.
Rosie even started digging in the litter box - something she hasn't done
since she was really little.  Rosie is six and a half years old.  The vet
told us he didn't want to give us false hope.  He said the Lupron does not
shrink the tumors, it just treats clinical symptoms.  It has already
improved the quality of Rosie's life.  She wants to play again and she is
interacting with the other ferrets and with us again.

Thanks
Mary