From:
Debbie Utter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 20:49:44 -0400
We have one ferret, two cats, and a dog (Pom).  Generally, everyone gets
along.  Except that the cats are afraid of the ferret.  Brae (the ferret)
insists on biting the cats--HARD!  And sometimes he gets to the Pom's skin
and hurts him, too (his thick hair helps avoid more hurtful bites).  So far
the cats haven't really fought back.  Brae bites big and hard and won't let
go.  I think so far the cats have been holding back; I'm afraid that if the
cats ever decide to really attack back they could hurt or kill Brae.  I have
to literally pry his jaws apart.  And he constantly harrasses the cats by
chasing them.  I've tried putting him in his pen for a few minutes when he
persists and won't stop hurting the cats.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
I feel so badly for the cats, and I'm afraid it's just a matter of time
before one of them do some serious damage to the other.

Please post to the FML -- I read them all, and others may have a similar
problem.  Thanks!