From:
Melissa Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 07:19:37 -0400
Good Day, All!!

First, before I get to my question, let me mention a thought that I had
while determining a "subject" for this post.  Since FML Archives (which are
AWESOME, BTW, BIG!!!) are listed alphabetically & according to each post's
subject, it might benefit us all to label the subjects accordingly for
future reference... IMHO/FWIW, of course ;->

I'm proud to announce (ta-dah!) that I was accepted to, and have been
attending for four weeks, the third top Criminal Justice Academy in the
state of Florida!!  woo-hoo!!  It was tough to get in & tougher to stay in,
but is very educational & rewarding... Now that I've taken a moment to toot
my horn (thx, BIG!!) let me say that the reason I tell you all this is that
during Defensive Tactics training the other day, I spent about 4 hours
practicing wrist & shoulder locks with a guy who has a severe upper
respiratory infection.  [Unfortunately, missing school isn't much of an
option so he was hanging in there while we battered each others' bodies in
the name of education (hee hee)].

As I'd feared (seeing as how I've been burning the proverbial candle @ both
ends), I've CAUGHT his URI, which comes complete with sore throat and
chronic cough.  I'm not feeling so bad and am megadosing on vitamin C and
Echinacea to keep it bearable, but am really wondering if anyone has advice
as to **how I might raise my ferret's immunities to illness?**

This is the first real illness in the house since we've gotten any of them
and I'm very concerned that at least one of my three babies will be come
infected.  I'm trying to keep some distance from them, but you ALL know how
difficult that is!!!!!  ;-D

Also, if one of them DOES get my URI, what's my best course of treatment?
I've got a juicer & blender in case I have to devise concoctions...some of
which look very interesting... will brewer's yeast help raise their
immunities at all (Ela??)?  I'm willing to do whatever it takes to prevent
any potential misery on their part...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for any advice that's offered... when replying,
please post or cc: to the FML so that others might also gain some of this
knowledge.  I find that there are often questions asked that must end up
being answered via private mail 'cause I sometimes don't see the replies :-I

Have a good Sunday & a super week, all!!  Thanks, as always, for being a
bright spot in my day!!

Melissa,
proud mom to Dexter, Cocoa & Mojo  >^v^<-,-----------,''''''''''