From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 18:04:19 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

Sabrina thanks you for the many condolennce e-mails she has recieved due
to the loss of her sight.  Really, I think she is just fine.  She gets
around so well that it is really shocking to realize that she simply can't
see!  I'm told that ferrets have poor vision to begin with, I believe it,
if the loss of it means such a small inconvenience to her.  She just isn't
running anywhere anymore, she strolls carefully, sniffing all the way.

She was observed last night happily munching on those stale rice cakes she
and Switch have stashed near the sofa.  I leave their stashes pretty much
intact unless they snich something really usefull, like spoons or pens.
It all means something to them, I'm sure.

Alexandra in Massachusetts