From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:29:35 EDT
My dry heaving, projectile poopie babies are coming home this afternoon
after spending the entire weekend at the vets.

I dropped them off Friday morning and it was a good thing I did.  Both
were running fevers and dehydrated to the max.  Maggie continued to have a
fever on Saturday so we decided to keep them there with the vet checking
on them over the weekend.

Sunday had fevers gone and just "normal" diarrhea as opposed to
projectile.  The feeling as of now is that they will do better at home in
a place they are familar with.

We still don't know what caused this.  While the vet still suspects ECE
we'll know more after the lab results come back.  One of the tests was
for salmonella, which goes with my theory of food poisoning.  I suspect my
babies got sick from a recent batch of Chicken Gravy.  Butch and Maggie
love (or use to) the stuff and newbie CB would have none of it.

Thank you to everyone who wrote with ideas and support.  I'll let you know
what we find out!  My babies care coming home!

Connie, Butch, Maggie, and CB (who is very lonely)