Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 07:48:25 -0400
A little over a month ago I posted that I had received in a little girl who
was in an advanced state of estrus.  My vet performed an exploratory and
found 3/4 of her uterus intact.  She removed this and all should have been
well.  The surgery was done on June 15th and it is now July 28th and her
vulva has not improved.  I asked my vet if maybe we should inject her with
the hormone or should I put her with a dud stud?  She told me to try the
dud stud since she doesn't like the hormone shot.  I am concerned about
this.  I an worried about the little girl.  Any and all thoughts on this
issue are greatly appreciated.  I need to get her out of estrus.  Yes, the
adrenals were checked for abnormalities.

I also have a little girl here who is causing me to get more Grey hairs
than I wish to get, even at my age.  I will try to be short.  Got out
little Maxine, put her in the playarea with the others and she just laid
there.  I picked her up and her hind legs were useless.  She seemed very
disoriented.  I put her in the cage and mentioned this to my husband when
he came home from work.  It must have been an hour later.  He went in to
see her and she was just fine.  He basically told me I was nuts.  Yesterday
as her groups time came I got her out and it was the same thing-only I
think a little stronger.  We put her in a cage by us and talked to her.
She seemed to know we were there, would pick her head up but you could see
she was confused and had no control.  After a couple of hours she was up
scratching, pooping, eating and wondering why she was in that cage.  My vet
says that is weird.  I say it could be insulinoma shock causing seizures.
Shall I have a CBC done?

Please do not flame me for asking these questions.  I am open to
constructive criticism.  It is not the easiest job to take care of 60
frets.

Ferretfire