From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:04:29 -0700
First of all, it was kind of a joke, Robin, that I am opening a
legitimate rescue in CA.  Lighten up girl, I have no intention of taking
over the CA ferrets.  But I guess my post did allow you the opportunity
to write about your organization.

All the time I have lived in this area, I have never met or heard of
anyone with ferrets.  Where I used to live in another part of CA, I
rescued over 30 ferrets and placed them in homes that had been checked
for safety and made sure the new owners were ferret-wise.  I have also
worked with some city animal control centers (whom I can't name because
they could lose their badges).  They would called me whenever a ferret
was turned in and I picked the ferret up before Fish and Games could get
their hands on it.

I am extremely familiar with your organization, and it does terrific work
in the ferret community.  I also know of other groups who do the same
type of work in CA and they also do wonderful work.  I think all of you
deserve a round of applause.  I also applaud the ferret organizations,
clubs, owners and people like SOS; all do such wonderful work.  The more
people who care about our furry loves, the better.

[DY]