From:
"C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 03:44:14 -0600
To all my dear friends at FML:

Maximilian, my dear friend and companion, left this world for Rainbow
Bridge on the evening of January 8, 2002.  Max was born February 10, 1995.

Max died peacefully in his sleep.  He was afflicted with cardiomyopathy.

Max was always free.  He never understood what a cage was.  Our house was
his house.  I lived here with his permission.

We spent our last day together with Max sleeping in my lap.  His exit from
this world, thank goodness, was without pain or suffering.

I loved Max dearly.  No matter what happened in my life, he was always
there -- my comfort and my strength.  It is now after 3 a.m. and I am yet
to go to sleep, so deep is my loss of such a wonderful friend.

Since I already have a grave site reserved, Maximilian will be interred
where one day my headstone will sit.  Together forever.  A dwarf Alberta
spruce will be planted at the head of his grave -- the sign of the
immortality of the soul.

Rest in peace, Max.  One day I'll meet you at Rainbow Bridge.  Then you,
Melampki, Jeannie, Chipmunk, "Booger", Pyewacket, and the others will
cross Rainbow Bridge together.

C.B.