From:
Bill Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:41:36 -0500
Hi there, hope someone can offer some advice.

My two kits are just over 7 weeks old.  I have had them just over one week.
Janey and Thorn.  Thorn I believe is a cinnamon, looks like all the pictures
I have seen.  Not sure what Janey is.  She has a whitish face, with gray
spots above the eyes, and an orangish stripe down the center of her face.
Her eyes seem red, and she is silver/black across the front legs.  And a mix
of white, orange, and silver/black in the back.  I would like to know for
sure what type she is.  She is much smaller than Thorn.  5/8 vs 7/8 lb.  I
think Janey is deaf.  I have done the incredibly scientific tests,
including: clapping, snapping fingers, calling, and the high tech cordless
phone beeping.  I get no reaction at all, except Thorn going ballistic and
running away, so I know she can hear.  I will ask the vet next week when
they get their distemper shots.  Anyone have any ideas about better testing
methods?  She seems perfectly happy, healthy, and eats a lot.

I saw a post this week about avoiding badgers and/or pandas because of this
problem.  Didn't know that when I got her (not that I could ever give her up
now)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill, Janey and Thorn (order not according to head of household)